Open Letter to Toronto Park Staff

Hello!

So here is the problem:

I went to the archery range yesterday at E. T. Seton Park and my wheelchair got stuck in the mud at the entrance to the range. I had to ask some local archers to help push me through the mud in order to access the archery range, and I needed to ask for help when I was leaving because otherwise I surely would have gotten stuck a second time.

I was fortunately the archery range wasn't empty at the time and local archers are very helpful. Otherwise I would have been forced to call 911 to get unstuck.

And here is the solution:

Please dump a load of gravel (500 lbs of gravel should do it) at the main entrance to the archery range and flatten it out so that it makes an effective ramp in the entrance area where it is so muddy. The water will drain beneath the gravel and not interfere with existing drainage.

You could also add a drainage pipe or tubing under the ground along the length of the muddy section on the west side of the fencing so that the water is draining faster and more efficiently into the drain south-west of the archery range.

Also, while I am at it, 4 of the target butts at the range are in need of repairs, however I am aware that the park staff cannot do repairs because it is too muddy to get into the entrance with a truck. Thus, a load of gravel would solve both of our problems. Trucks would be able to get in and out with ease, and people like myself would also be able to get in and out easier.

The grass also needs to be mowed. I am guessing it hasn't been mowed since last year for the same reason, the entrance is too muddy.

Furthermore, I was speaking with one of the local archers and he told me how there was an ambulance at the range years ago (circa 2009) that got stuck in the mud while tending to someone suffering from heat stroke and a heart condition.

So clearly this is a problem that needs to be fixed, for four different reasons. Accessibility, so that park staff can conduct repairs, so that the grass can be mowed, and so ambulances can have access to the space.

Please rectify as soon as possible.

Thank you!
Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment

To schedule archery lessons in Toronto contact micahrothschild at gmail dot com